Help / FAQ
Need assistance? Below are answers to some common inquiries. If you don't find
what you're looking for, please contact support at
- What precisely does this site sell?
- This site sells digital copies of great comedy. Digital shows & performance copies can be available in various formats: video, audio, or both. Once you purchase one of those, you'll be shown how to view or download the show.
- What format is the digital material in?
- Our downloadable video files are H.264 encoded in an MP4 container. and should be playable in any modern system. We recommend the free and open-source VLC player for playback.
- How do I pay for things?
- For digital performance copies, we support payments via PayPal and Amazon Payments. You can use an existing balance with either provider, or a credit card, and so forth. For tickets, eTix accepts various credit and debit cards.
- Are there any restrictions on what I can do with copies of shows?
- We only ask that you do not redistribute or sell the material. Once you download a show, it's yours to keep forever, and yours to use for any reasonable personal use.
- Does it matter where I live?
- Generally, no. We do not have any geographical restrictions. However, our payment providers might, so if you run into that, drop us a line and let us know which payment providers do serve you.
- Do I need Flash to watch the shows?
- No. Streaming is in HTML5 direct video mode where available. Flash kicks in if you don't have a H.264-compatible browser.
- I never got my confirmation email after buying.
- Check your SPAM or junk mail folder. If you can't find it in your inbox or SPAM/junk, please contact support directly.
- I bought something, but I'm not into it. How do I get a refund?
- If you would like a refund, please contact our support staff with your receipt from PayPal / Amazon, and they can take it from there.
- I tried to download something to my iPad/iPhone/Kindle/Xbox and it didn't work.
- Although some of these devices can stream audio & video, most of them cannot save downloads. If you would like to download the shows for viewing on your device, download it to your PC/Mac and transfer or sync the file from there. If you don't know how to do this with your device, please contact support at the device's manufacturer.
- I tried to burn a DVD but it didn't work.
- The video and audio files we provide are as mainstream and compatible as we can make them, so they should work for the vast majority of software out there. Unfortunately we're not able to offer support for DVD burning. If you need help burning a DVD, please contact the manufacturers of the software.
- My download was interrupted.
We use Amazon Cloud for distributing the digital files, and they find a server
closest to your location for the best possible speed. However, sometimes connections
can be slow. We would recommend trying other browsers if you see frequent interruptions,
and another internet connection if one continues to fail.
If you have no luck or need a download back, contact our support staff.
- Streaming is glitchy.
- Glitchy streaming can be caused by a slow internet connection, or buggy software. The first thing to do would be to try another computer or connection. If you still have no luck, please try downloading the file and transfer it to whatever device you prefer to watch/listen on.
- All my downloads are gone but I only downloaded the file once.
- If you use a download accelerator/manager (e.g. DownThemAll for the Firefox browser), a single click will deplete your account of downloads. Please download directly without additional software.
- I have problems playing a downloaded video.
- Please try VLC Player (videolan.org/vlc) which should be able to play the file fine. If you continue to have trouble, try another download or contact support.